Why Choose Us
Attorney Matt Courteau is a Tennessee native who is proud to work alongside and demand justice for other Tennessee residents. He is a Roane County High School graduate, who went on to graduate from Tennessee Technological University. He later earned his law degree from the prestigious University of Georgia School of Law. Matt Courteau returned to Tennessee to practice law at his very own practice located in the East Tennessee area. He assists clients primarily in Knox, Roane, Loudon, and Morgan counties.
If you have found yourself in need of a lawyer in Tennessee, you can trust Matt Courteau Attorney at Law to handle your legal matters with care, precision, and professionalism. If you are located in Eastern Tennessee, call (865) 441-0364 for a consultation.
Criminal Law – Criminal Defense Lawyer Matt Courteau will assist and represent you in fighting a number of criminal charges. Below are just a few examples of the types of cases our firm handles.
- DUIs. If you have been charged with Driving Under the Influence in Tennessee, Attorney Matt Courteau will assist you with minimizing possible consequences.
- Theft crimes. Theft crimes are categorized into either misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the severity of the crime and the monetary value of the property involved. Attorney Matt Courteau can guide you in the criminal proceedings to minimize penalties.
- Drug crimes. If you have been charged with a crime involving drugs, you can count on this firm to represent you and stay by your side throughout the entire legal process.
- Violent crimes. A violent crime is one in which the convicted has physically harmed or intended to harm someone else or their property.
- White-collar crimes. White-collar crimes tend to be financial in nature, while also being non-violent.
- Juvenile charges. Attorney Matt Courteau is adept with juvenile law and will help your family navigate the juvenile court system.
- Domestic violence. Domestic violence plays out in various ways, including physical, emotional, sexual, and verbal abuse. If you have been accused of domestic violence, contact Matt Courteau Attorney at Law at your earliest convenience.
If you have been charged with a crime, you should hire a criminal lawyer as soon as possible. The more time Attorney Matt Courteau has to work on your case, the better the outcome will be. If you are located in Eastern Tennessee, call (865) 441-0364 for a consultation.
Estate Planning – An Estate Planning Lawyer can help you create a solid plan stating your desire for how you would like your estate distributed once you pass away. Your estate plan might also express preferences for medical care should you become incapacitated. It is never too early to create an estate plan because it can be updated throughout your life as circumstances change.
- Wills. A will is a legal document that details how a person would like their property handled after they die.
- Power of attorney. A durable power of attorney is a document that grants another person the ability to make medical decisions and end-of-life decisions for you, should you become incapacitated.
- Simple Probate Matters. The probate process can be complex and stressful. If you are looking for help to probate a will in Eastern Tennessee, Attorney Matt Courteau is the natural choice to make.
If you are ready to start the journey of estate planning, Wills And Estate Planning Attorney Matt Courteau will guide you through the process to protect your assets. If you are located in Eastern Tennessee, call (865) 441-0364 for a consultation.
Personal Injury Law – Personal Injury Lawyer Matt Courteau will assist you with recovering damages if you were injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence.
- Slip and falls. A slip and fall might happen on public or private property. If you are injured after falling due to someone else’s negligence, you could be owed compensation.
- Premises liability. If you have been injured due to an unsafe or defective condition of someone’s property, you might have a personal injury claim.
- Wrongful death. Your family might be owed compensation for emotional distress if you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence.
- Dog bites. Being the victim of a dog bite accident is painful and traumatic. Obtain the compensation you deserve by retaining Attorney Matt Courteau to manage your case.
- Vehicle accidents. You might be able to file a claim for damages if you have been injured in any way in a vehicle accident that was not your fault.
If you have sustained an injury in an incident due to the negligence of another person, you could be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. Expert Injury Accident Lawyer Matt Courteau will fight to get what you are owed. If you live in Eastern Tennessee, call (865) 441-0364 for a consultation.
Family Law – Family Lawyer Matt Courteau will assist you in a wide range of family law matters. The following are just a few areas in which this firm has experience.
- Contested divorces. If you and your spouse have decided to divorce but cannot agree on matters regarding the divorce, then Attorney Matt Courteau can represent you in your contested divorce case.
- Agreed divorces. An agreed (or uncontested) divorce is a divorce in which both parties agree to all terms of the divorce amicably. While these divorces typically go much smoother than contested divorces, working with an attorney will ensure that all aspects of your case are carefully considered.
- Alimony. Spousal support, or alimony, is the monetary support that one former spouse pays to the other former spouse that will allow that person to retain a similar lifestyle while transitioning to living on their own.
- Child custody. Matt Courteau Attorney at Law can assist you and your former spouse with creating an agreeable plan for where the children will live and with whom. This includes visitation frequency and where the children will spend holidays. Additionally, this firm can assist with restricting these plans as needed.
- Child support. Child support is monetary support paid by one parent (usually to the primary custodial parent) to support the child’s basic needs, such as clothing, medical appointments, and school fees.
- Adoption. Adoption proceedings can be an exciting time for anyone, but at the end of the day, it is still a complicated legal process. Working with Adoption Lawyer Matt Courteau will give you the opportunity to focus on the aspects of adoption that matter most to you.
- Orders of protection. If you have been a victim of abuse, this firm can assist you in obtaining an order of protection from your abuser. This shields the victim from additional abuse from the perpetrator.
- Dependency and neglect cases. This is a hearing that is held to protect children from abusive and/or neglectful parents or other caregivers. Non-parents might be able to gain custody when it is best for the child in question.
- Termination of parental rights. If you are facing possible termination of your parental rights due to abandonment, Matt Courteau Attorney at Law will represent you.
If you have found yourself with family legal issues, you need an experienced Family Law Attorney by your side. Matt Courteau Attorney at Law will kindly guide you through the legal process with patience and grace. If you live in or near Kingston, Tennessee, call (865) 441-0364 for a consultation.